Estate Planning & Financial Risk Management
Bespoke Estate Planning
If you are healthy and considering planning ahead to protect yourself and your financial future, congratulations! Only 25% of the American population has a legal AND financial estate plan, so you are ahead of the game.
What is a financial estate plan? It’s a plan which considers, prepares and protects you against all the financial risks you may encounter after you retire and are operating on a fixed retirement income. The most significant of these risks is the cost of long-term care, but there are many other risks which must be considered as well.
Every client we encounter has different needs and we take into account all the subtleties of our client’s wishes and the many strategies which can be brought to bear.
Our goal at Stronghold Financial is to make financial estate planning an approachable experience and ensure that you preserve and protect your assets while receiving the care you will need as you age.
There are many benefits to Estate planning. Stronghold Financial can help you:
- Prepare for and be able to comfortably afford high quality long-term care should you need it
- Minimize tax liability
- Eliminate unnecessary legal fees
- Maximize your estate value for heirs
Financial Risk Management
We utilize data, industry research, and our extensive experience and knowledge to identify your financial risks and provide intelligent solutions.
The biggest financial risk we concern ourselves with is, of course, the enormous cost of long-term care. Aside from this, we evaluate and suggest strategies to mitigate risk in the following areas:
- Loss of income due to a spouse or domestic partner’s unexpected death
- Financial loss due to health problems
- Damage or loss of real property (i.e. your home)
- Damage or loss of vehicular or other personal transportation property (cars, boats, motorcycles, etc.)
- Damage or loss of personal property (jewelry, art collections, musical instruments, fine clothing, fine wine, other collectables)
- Financial loss due to personal liability related to negligence
- Financial loss due to personal liability related to accidental bodily injury
- Financial loss due to cyber attack
- Financial loss due to being defrauded or scammed by strangers or someone you know
- Financial loss due to being overexposed or inappropriately positioned in the financial markets
- Financial loss due to not keeping up with inflation
- Financial loss due to unexpected tax consequences
- Financial loss due to improper business continuity planning (i.e. you or a key executive die or become disabled and unable to work)
- Financial loss due to debt mismanagement
Call us to start planning 602-614-2382
What are the benefits of your services compared to using an Attorney?
Our services are financial in nature. Just like you wouldn’t come to us for legal advice, why would you go to an attorney for financial advice?
Will I need to hire a lawyer to prepare my will or Miller trust?
When it comes to basic estate legal work (will, financial power of attorney, healthcare power of attorney, mental healthcare power of attorney, and medical directives), we have trusted relationships with a select group of estate planning attorneys who provide these services for a reasonable fee.
When it comes to Miller Trusts (aka Income Only Trusts) we partner with an estate planning attorney to draft the trust, and then we handle all the leg work to get it into a funded state.